Get to Know Bri
My name is Briana Walton MD. I have been a specialist in Female Medicine and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery for nearly 20 years.
One thing I have learned, being on the giving and receiving end of medicine, is that we are continually changing. I chose this specialty because I enjoyed the spectrum of care provided over a woman’s life time. And as I have seen my patients change and have changed myself, it has given me an appreciation for the mind, heart, and soul of a woman.
As life evolves; having a baby, going through a divorce or surviving menopause, we begin to make choices about our care and appearance that we would never have considered in the past. Some of these choices are emotional and based on fear or concern about our medical health. However, many decisions we make are due to the natural phenomena that occur in a woman’s body. These events push us to consider creating a new version of ourselves to address our intimate wellness. I would be happy and honored to help you ask critical questions, and begin to explore areas where you may not have had the courage to speak up.
I have learned that women are hard on themselves and don’t take time to take care of ourselves because we are always caring for others. I want to give women an opportunity to address their needs and their desires. At the Center for Feminine Wellness and Surgery, we will take the time to discover what’s right for you and how to move forward in your renewal process. It’s time for you to take the best care of YOU!
Why I Love What I Do
It is not often in most jobs or career choices, that you are able to consistently help people with fairly predictable outcomes. Even in medicine, there is a range of success depending on medical conditions and services available. Most of the women that I have had the privilege of caring for have not always taken the time to be the best version of themselves. It is an awesome privilege to take this journey of discovery with my patients and achieve outcomes to enhance their confidence and self-appreciation.
- Double Board Certified
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (FACOG)
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS)
- Fellowship, FPMRS Harvard Medical School/Mount Auburn Hospital (1999-2002)
- Medical Degree, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (1995-1999)
- Masters, Business of Art and Design, Maryland Institute College of Art (2015-2016)
- Served as the Director of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery at Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Director of Benign Gynecology at Washington Hospital Center
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences and an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics an Gynecology and Urology at Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Anne Arundel Medical Center – Medical Staff Excellence Award
- Baltimore Sun – 50 Women to Watch
- Center for Excellence Minimally Invasive Surgery
- What’s Up Annapolis People to Watch
- Counsel on Resident Education in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Association of Professors of Gynecology & Obstetrics Teaching Award
- Safety Certification in Outpatient Practice Excellence (SCOPE) designation by ACOG (2017)
- Becker Hospital Review Women’s Choice Award – Top Women’s Health program (2017)
- LEAD – Leadership Academy 1st Prize Project – Physician Champion (2015)
- Anne Arundel Medical Center – Medical Staff Excellence Award (2015)
- Harvard Medical School Leadership Course -Howard Bank Physician Leadership Scholarship (2012)
- Counsel on Resident Education in Obstetrics & Gynecology (2008)
- APGO Teaching Award (2003)
- The International Society of Cosmetogynecology
- The Robotic steering committee and was designated a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Various professional organizations including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Urogynecologic Society, American Medical Association, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Serves by appointment on several integral hospital committees and boards and was recently appointed Associate Chair for Gynecology, leading the charge for professional and practice development
- Previous board member and team leader for the International Organization for Women and Development
- Trained residents, fellows, and colleagues nationally and internationally
- Serves as a board member on the Art’s Council of Anne Arundel County
- Worked in Ghana, Niger and most recently Rwanda to treat the victims of trauma and genocide
- While demonstrating her expertise in pelvic reconstructive surgery, she developed programmatic growth around quality and safety
- Instrumental in the the design of the Women’s Center for Pelvic Health, which received the SCOPE (Safety Certification in Outpatient Practice Excellence) for Women’s Health designation
- Numerous media appearances including co-host of the hospital television show, DocsTalk